To read this issue of the Nuclear Monitor, use the article links below, or to download the full issue as a PDF use the link above.
In this issue of the Monitor:
- Michael Mariotte responds to an attack on the Don't Nuke the Climate! campaign.
- M.V. Ramana argues that fast (breeder) reactors are no solution to climate change.
- Mark Diesendorf questions the need for base-load power stations.
- Eloi Glorieux updates the nuclear power debate in Belgium.
- Dave Sweeney reports on the Australian government's approval of uranium sales to India.
The Nuclear News section has reports on a Lazard study which concludes that the levelized costs of wind and solar power are not only beating nuclear but also coal and even natural gas; a ClimateWorks report which details the extraordinary cost savings and climate change abatement potential of energy efficiency; a notice about the Nuclear Phaseout Congress to be held in Zurich in March 2016; and a report on the November 20 attack on transmission towers that cut off the delivery of electricity from Ukraine to Crimea and also created an emergency situation at nuclear power plants.