To read this issue of the Nuclear Monitor, use the article links below (in orange), or to download the full issue as a PDF use the link above.
Please subscribe to Nuclear Monitor at www.wiseinternational.org/nuclear-monitor/subscribe-nuclear-monitor
In this issue of the Monitor:
- A short summary of a new report on the economic costs of proposals for additional subsidies for the aging nuclear reactor fleet in the US.
- A huge push by government and industry to establish an international high-level nuclear waste dump in South Australia may have come to an abrupt end, with a Citizens' Jury overwhelmingly rejecting the proposal.
- Philippe de Rougemont from Sortir du nucléaire writes about the upcoming referendum on nuclear power in Switzerland
- Diet Simon writes about nuclear waste controversies and protests in Germany.
- We compare with growth of renewables with the decline of nuclear power.